If we wish to connect to the e-mail boxes using the E-mail client. The General settings to connect to the e-mail address on created on Linux Server are same. The general settings are provided below which you can used to configure the e-mail client.
- Display Name :- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internet E-mail Address:- email@example.com
- Incoming mail POP Server:- mail.yourdomain.com / yourdomain.com /server ip
- Outgoing mail SMTP Server :- mail.yourdomain.com / yourdomain.com /server ip
- Account name :– firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password :- Enter the password of the email account
- Outgoing mail (SMTP):25 OR 26
- In coming mail(POP3):110
Once done you may check for some of the specific settings such as ” My Server Requires Authentication” by checking your e-mail clients documentation.
For Outlook The Setting Is As Follows.
Make sure you have selected ” My Server Requires Authentication” .
Go to Outlook >> tools >> account >> Properties >>under server tab >> My Server Requires Authentication.
Enable SMTP authentication in THUNDERBIRD by following the steps below:-
1) Open Thunderbird email client.
2) Click on “Tools” >> Account Settings.
3) Click on “Outgoing Server” and then Click on ” EDIT “.
4) Make sure you check the checkbox in front of “Username and password” as it is used for SMTP authentication.
5) Your “SMTP” authentication has been enabled in the Thunderbird.